Appleton Village Pre-school provides an induction for all employees and volunteers in order to fully brief them about the setting, the families we serve, our policies and procedures, curriculum and daily practice.
- We have a written induction plan for all new staff, which includes the following:
- Introductions to all employees and volunteers [including management committee members].
- Familiarisation with the building, health and safety, and fire and evacuation procedures.
- Ensuring our policies and procedures are read and adhered to.
- Introduction to the parents, especially parents of allocated key children where appropriate.
- Familiarisation with confidential information in relation to any key children where applicable.
- Details of the tasks and daily routines to be completed.
- The induction period lasts at least two weeks. The supervisor inducts new employees and volunteers. A member of the senior management team inducts new managers.
- During the induction period, the individual must demonstrate understanding of and compliance with policies, procedures, tasks and routines.
- Successful completion of the induction forms part of the probationary period.
- Following induction, we continue to support our staff to deliver high quality performance through regular supervision and appraisal of their work.
Other useful Pre-school Learning Alliance publications
- Employee Handbook (2012)
- Recruiting and Managing Employees (2011)